Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Ella's outfits





Ellas choice of clothing has become somewhat eccentric over the past few months. She MUST select her clothes and she agonizes over what to wear. She has shown a fondness for layers, the more items of clothing she can drape on her tiny body the better. I know that it shouldn't bother me I shouldn't care, she is just expressing herself, but I cringe at some of her choices. And I should add that I do let her wear these creations out of the house maybe because I can still take comfort in the fact that I choose Bobos clothing although I'm not sure for how long. At least if people judge me they will only judge me on my parenting of one of my children. Although the only people who would judge me on this either have no children or children young enough to dress without a battle of the wills. Ella is so determined to be in control of her wardrobe at all times that two nights ago after throwing up for the fourth time that night at the hour of three A.M she turned up her nose at the clothing I brought her (to replace the vomit soaked clothes she had just stripped off). She climbed out of our bed and went across the hall to her room to fetch something more appropriate for the occasion. I couldn't believe it! I don't really have any pictures of the most flashy outfits, maybe I just can't bring myself to actually document those 'outfits"

No comments: