Monday, February 13, 2006

Seen and heard around honey's house






Just a little explanation, Ella has always called our house honey's house I think it was because Nick calls me honey but to be honest I never asked her the rationale behind the name I just thought it was cute. When we first moved in and the house was a disaster she would wrinkle her nose in disgust at the mess and cry that she wanted to go home to Nicky D's house. She still talks about how messy the house was when we moved in it really bothered her.

Molly has made plans to be a ballerina when she grows up, and this girl really can dance so who knows. She can mimic almost any dance move she sees me do and she has rhythm. Ella on the other hand dances like Elaine on Seinfeld (she obviously inherited her daddies dance moves). The other day in a store Ella started to dance in the isles and a few people actually did a double take, it's really quite a site to see. Picture a combination of karate and seizures, what a mean mom I am.

Ella who has been very excited to go to school, asking every day if I have found a school for her yet announced that she won't be attending school until she is seven. Her reasoning "seven is a big number" and "I already know how to read I read your grown up books all the time.

chief resident toddler comes into the kitchen with a look of consternation "she does EVERYTHING I do, she says EVERYTHING I do" then she storms off. It's no exaggeration, if Ella was the host of a radio show Molly is the five second delay. She is our very own trained parrot, she even mimics the hand gestures.

Molly says Mama I want my sheepers, sheepers are slippers I like the way she pronounces it much better.
Another of Mollys adaptations heard daily is" I want to stay heereeeee". If she wants to stay here it can mean a number of things, most of the time it means she doesn't want to stop doing what she is doing, but she has used it in some strange contexts. And one more from Bobo is I want a baby wipe, she thinks this is the solution for almost everything. A few days a go Ella spilled water on Mollys drawing and Molly wanted to fix it with you guessed it a baby wipe.

No comments: