Saturday, November 03, 2007

How Can I Tell You That I Love You, That I'm Always Thinking Of You


We have been married for 2,631 days not to mention all the days we dated (which sorry I was to lazy to calculate that total after figuring out the first one, and I know you could have figured it out in your head in a matter of seconds but I had to break out a calculator) and I love when you surprise me or I glimpse another little piece of who you are. Like getting in your car the other day when the CD player started up I was greeted by a Ween song which I do not even know the name of, but it is a song that I know and one you listen to and enjoy so it was not a surprise to me but the next song on the CD was a Tracy Chapman song. That was not what I was expecting to hear and it made me smile, here I thought you just conceded to my music choices occasionally but maybe some of my taste has rubbed off on you because somewhere nestled between 50 cent and Nirvana there was there was another discovery, a Tina Turner song. I do not want to out you on your musical selections just for the sake of embarrassment but to let you know how much the little things like that can bring me closer to you, to us.

No comments: